- Wanted to have an IM for Bangla on the Mac
- Didn't find any online
- Found this tutorial from Apple on how to make an IM
- Only problem is that the system does not seem to support the generation of conjunctions of vowel modifiers.
- This means that each and every conjunction and consonant+vowel combination must be present in the file:
i.e. if we want to write কৌ (kou) we have to set kou = কৌ in the file: we can't build a rule. So this file must have all the possible combinations, like কু কূ etc. etc.
- This is tedious to do by hand. I'm working on a small script to do these mix-n-matches and print out a input method file based on the rules I developed for lekho (see I knew that effort would come in useful some day!)
- Jamil Ahmed has put up a bangla dictionary for Firefox.
- Input keystrokes are case insensitive.